Monday, May 12, 2014

Keeping Busy On Mother's Day

Hi Everyone,

I hope all you moms had a great day yesterday. It was kind of hard for me, but not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Probably because Mark and I stayed busy all day and I didn't give my mind time to wander. I was thinking about two special girls yesterday a lot. Kristen has a friend that lost her baby girl at 30 weeks and only got to see her when she delivered her. My Mom has a friend whose granddaughter lost her son at four months old from SIDS. These mothers were just as much mothers as we all are, but never got the chance to fill their heads and hearts with a lifetime of memories. I am lucky to have that.

Matching shirts at Christmas, Wo with the haircut that Sis lovingly referred to as "Mush" (short for Mushroom head). Love the glasses Sis. Haha!

Mark and I went to breakfast yesterday and then hit Home Depot for a few more flowers, potting soil, and mulch. We went to the cemetery and Mark dug up the soil in front of Wo's grave. I planted five hot pink geraniums and we put down mulch. It looks really nice. We got a letter in the mail that said we can't have the lantern at the cemetery with the candle in it. We were kind of upset, but we have a new home for it. I don't mean to be mean, but I think they should worry more about mowing and less about a lantern. The cemetery was a mess this weekend. Long grass and dandelions everywhere. I would have been so embarrassed to have anyone see it. Mark to the rescue. He went up Saturday morning and took our push mower. He mowed all around Wo's grave so at least her area was nice. It is just so disrespectful to Wo and everyone else that is buried there to let it get that way. I sure hope they mow soon. I feel bad for all the other families. It is so weird the things that offend you after you lose someone. Remember that area that was overgrown and weedy last year that Mark and I cleaned up. It is getting bad again too. Grrrrrr!!! Here are some pics of us making Wo's grave beautiful.

Mark always working so hard.

And working some more.

I think it looks really pretty. Hopefully, the grass will fill in where we wore it out this winter.

We also got most of Wo's memorial garden done at home. It is beautiful. Mark layed all the stones yesterday. We planted flowers, mulched, and put the angel in it. It still needs a few things, but we ran out of steam. Mark worked like a dog all day just to make me happy on Mother's Day. He did such a great job and I am so grateful. I will post pics next time because this blog is getting way too long.

I wanted to mention that my sister, Linda, was named Employee of the Year at Ohio Wesleyan University. We are all so proud of her. To know her is to love her.

Thank you for continuing to read my blog. We are trying our best every day to keep Lauren's memory alive. Until next time,

Love,
-Pam

I am sure Wo is happy with Cleveland's draft picks. She loved going to Browns games and tailgating.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam,

    I often think of you and Lauren. I continue to read your blog when i feel down and for some reason it makes me feel a little better. Thanks for continuously updating. I don't often leave comments, but I want you to know that I am thinking of you and your family from afar.

    Ilias

    ReplyDelete